Holiday plants, such as mistletoe and holly, can cause serious vomiting and nausea in our pets. Lilies of most varieties can be deadly to cats. Poinsettias, however, are probably overrated with respect to their toxicity
Many holiday decorations are dangerous as well. Glass ornaments can be easily broken, candles can be knocked over, and extension cords can cause severe burns and electrocution if a puppy or kitten chews on them.
Outside, car antifreeze is one of the most common pet poisonings. You must contact your veterinarian immediately if you suspect that your pet has consumed this product.
The most dangerous foods at this time of year are: chocolates and cocoa (especially any chocolate that is the bakers semi-sweet baking chocolate), sugarless gum/candies containing Xylitol, fatty meat scraps and yeast bread dough.