8 cups beef broth
5 onions, sliced
1 cup melted butter, unsalted
1 loaf of bread sliced 1/2 inch pieces
8 to 10 slices provolone cheese
Cajun seasoning or sea salt and white pepper
Preheat oven 350 degrees
1. In a large saute pan, add 1/2 cup butter. Once melted, add onions and caramelize until brown.
2. After onions are nice and brown, add beef broth and let simmer on low for 30 minutes
3. While soup is simmering, place sliced bread on cookie sheet; brush each slice with butter, season bread, and bake until very crisp (about 10 to 15 minutes).
4. Once soup has simmered, season to taste
5. Turn oven to broil
6. Place soup in individual oven safe bowls with a smaller opening
7. Place 1 crouton on top and cover with 2 slices of provolone hanging a little cheese over rim of bowl
8. Place under broiler until cheese is browning and bubbling , Sprinkle a little Cajun over cheese and serve immediately
909 Vega Blvd. Vega