DIY Network host Amy Matthews has partnered with HomeAdvisor to share tips on how routine home maintenance checks can help you avoid home repair emergencies and unexpected costs in 2013. HomeAdvisor is a free website that connects homeowners with pre-screened service professionals and provides free resources for home projects such as project cost guides.
- Make your hot water heater work more efficiently
- Prevent unexpected leaks and costly repairs with an annual roof check-up
- Keep the #1 overlooked and overworked kitchen appliance, the garbage disposal, working its best all year
- Keep your heating and cooling systems functioning efficiently
- Prevent drafts in your home to help you save money
- Check safety equipment (smoke detectors, carbon monoxide tests, etc)
For more Information go to www.HomeAdvisor.com
More About Amy
As a licensed contractor and designer, Amy Matthews has hosted shows on the DIY Network, including Sweat Equity, Bathroom Renovations, Blog Cabin and This New House. Throughout her career, she has done every home improvement job imaginable, from wielding a sledgehammer to overseeing construction of complete home builds. Amys success is in large part due to her ability to take on any home project and break it down for even novices to understand. In addition to DIY and her work has been featured in publications such as Esquire, Country Living, Real Simple, Men's Health, Good Housekeeping and the New York Times. She is also HomeAdvisors Home Improvement Expert.