AMARILLO -- Amarillo Firefighters were called out this morning at 3:05 to a structure fire on 800 block of S. Parker.
Firefighters arriving four minutes later, found the fire contained to a hallway in the Duplex.
Officials say the fire was caused by laying blankets and rug on a floor furnace that was in use.
The furnace and the hall walls sustained heavy damage. There was light smoke damage to the remainder of the duplex.
Fire Officials say that smoke alarms worked properly and helped everyone get out.
Damages are estimated to be around $4,000.