2 Whole Quails, breast-bones removed marinated
2 cups mixed country greens (kale, mustard, collards)
1 Shallot, sliced
1 garlic, minced
1 cup pomegranate juice
cup orange juice
1/3 cup honey
2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
2 TBSP molasses
1/8 tsp cinnamon
tsp Ancho powder
Combine all of the above ingredients, except the butter, into a medium saut pan. Bring the mixture up to medium high heat and cook until reduced to about 1/2.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium cast iron saute pan, heat oil to medium heat. Season quail with salt & pepper then place in the hot pan breast side down. Using a foil wrapped brick or heavy object, directly place on the quail.
3. In a small pot, heat up one cup of the glaze and set aside.
4. After about 3-4 minutes, turn the quail and repeat browning on the other side.
5. Next remove the quail and pan from the heat and baste the quail with the glaze. Place it in the oven for another 30-40 minutes, basting the quail with the glaze every 10 minutes.
6. While the quail is cooking, saute shallots, garlic and greens in butter.
410 S. Taylor