CLOVIS -- The meeting was held at the Clovis-Carver Library: North Annex at 701 N. Main st. at 9:00 a.m. today.
I. CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Agenda
1. Election of Chair
2. Election of Vice-Chair
II. Minutes Approval
Changes Made to Minutes - County Clerk's Office
1. Regular Minutes of the December 18, 2012 Meeting for Approval
2. Indigent Board Minutes of the December 18, 2012 Meeting for Approval
III. RECOGNITION OF VISITORS AND PUBLIC INPUT FOR WHICH NO ACTION WILL BE TAKEN
Public comments will be limited to three minutes per speaker.
1. Recognition and Presentation to Coni Jo Lyman for 27 Years of Service to Curry County
2. Recognition and Presentation to Tim Lyman for 27 Years of Service to Curry County
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
Items marked with indicate items recommended by the County Manager for placement on the consent agenda. These items are placed on the agenda so that the Commission, by unanimous consent, can designate those routine agenda items that they wish to be approved or acknowledged by one motion. If any proposal does not meet with the approval of all Commission members, or if a citizen so requests, that item will be heard when reached under the regular agenda.
Motion to place indicated items on the consent agenda by unanimous roll call vote.
Motion to approve or acknowledge all items on the consent agenda by unanimous roll call vote.
1. Request Approval of Payroll Direct Deposit Checks #31150 thru 31488; Accounts Payable Checks #108180 thru 108345; Payroll Checks #52005 thru 52014 for a Total of $800,521.07. - Lee Ann Hutchins
2. Request Approval to Transfer $5,000 from Line Item #413-12-5600 Detention Commissary New Equipment to Detention Care of Prisoners Line Item #413-12-5233 - Gerry Billy
3. Ratification of Commission Line Item Transfer of $5,982.00 from #401-12-5310 Professional Services to Commission Line Item #401-12-5562 Gidding Building Repairs and Maintenance for the DWI Forfeiture Impound Area - Lance A. Pyle
4. Request Approval to Apply for Fiscal Year 2014 Juvenile Justice Grant Funds from the State of New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department with an In-Kind Match of 40% - Deanna Bouillon
5. Request Approval to Enter Into This Agreement with the State of New Mexico Children, Youth, and Families Department for the Term of January 1, 2013 - May 31, 2013 in the Amount of $30,000 To Reduce Access and Use of Alcohol By Youth and to Increase Enforcement Efforts - Deanna Bouillon
V. REPORTS OF BOARDS, COMMITTEES, DEPARTMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS
No Actions will be taken on any reports, discussions, or other informational items.
1. Events Center and Fairgrounds Financial Statement for Period Ending November 30, 2012 - Kevin Jolley
2. Report from Road Department - Steve Reed
3. Discussion and Direction on How to Proceed with the Partial Vacation of 8th and 9th Streets - Connie Harrison
4. Presentation of Monthly Financial Statements for November 2012 - Lee Ann Hutchins
5. Report from Detention Center - Gerry Billy
VI. ACTION ITEMS
1. Discussion and Request Approval of 2013 New Mexico Open Meeting Act Resolution #2013-01 - Lance A. Pyle
2. Discussion and Request Approval of Resolution #2013-02 Titled Curry County Board of County Commission Parliamentary Procedures and Robert's Rules of Order - Lance A. Pyle
Board of County Commissioners Page 3 Printed 1/7/2013 9:00 AM
3. Discussion and Approval on Multi-Line Pool and Law Enforcement Liability Insurance Contribution Deductibles - Lance A. Pyle
4. Discussion and Action Regarding 2013 Legislative Capital Outlay Requests - Lance A. Pyle
5. Discussion, Appointment and Approval of 2013 Curry County Commission Committee Assignments - Lance A. Pyle
6. Discussion and Request Action on Resolution 2013-05 Establishing Curry County Commission Meetings Dates at Locations other than Clovis-Carver Library North Annex - Lance A. Pyle
7. Resignation of Tim Lyman and Appointment of County Assessor to Fill the Vacant Seat Through December 31, 2014 at the Yearly Salary of $50,348.74 - Lance A. Pyle
8. Discussion and Request Approval for Renovation of Judge Quinn's Courtroom - Joe Wright
9. Discussion and Request Approval of Resolution #2013-03 Opposing the Listing of the Lesser Prairie Chicken as a Threatened Species - Wendell Bostwick
10. Discussion and Request Approval of Agreement Between Curry County and American Stewards of Liberty for Consulting Services Regarding Endangered Species at $125.00 Per Hour with an Amount Not of Exceed $15,000, which Includes Travel and Related Costs. The Agreement is for the Period of January 8, 2013 to June 30, 2013 with the Option of Renewal - Lance A. Pyle
11. Presentation and Approval of 2013 Calendar Year Operating Budget for the Curry County Events Center and Fairgrounds - Lee Ann Hutchins
12. Presentation, Discussion and Action Regarding Capital Outlay Items for the Events Center and Fairgrounds - Kevin Jolley